Last week, I caught Rachel Allen’s Everyday Kitchen’s programme and she was making a carrot cake loaf with orange icing! I have never made a carrot cake before, never really been a fan of it but I thought the recipe was really simple and gave it a go!!! 🙂
It turned out really moist and delicious and I will be making this again especially for my mum as she loves carrot cakes!!! 🙂
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 x eggs
- 150ml sunflower/vegetable oil
- 200g soft light brown sugar
- 300g grated carrots
- 100g pecan/walnuts chopped up
- 175g Self raising flour sieved
- Half teaspoon of bio carbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of mixed spice
- Pinch of salt
For the Icing:
- 100g cream cheese
- Zest of 1 orange
- 200g icing sugar sieved
- Line to loaf tin and preheat the oven to GM2 at 150 degrees.
- Whisk the egg first and then add the oil. Pour in the sugar and mix with the carrots
- Sieve all the dry ingredients and add to the mixture in 2 batches
- Fold in the nuts and pour into the loaf tin. Bake for an hour and 15 minutes until the skewer comes out clean with no crumbs.
- Leave in the tin to cool and then pop it onto a wire rack
- Make the icing by beating the cream cheese until soft, then add the icing sugar and orange zest and mix it altogether. Once the cake is cooled, pour over the icing and leave to set. I stuck some jellies on top for decoration.
All decorated! 🙂
Bday Cupcake from my Hubby! 🙂
On my Birthday, my hubby took me to a lovely steak place in Chiswick called Buenos Aires. The food was amazing and the portions were really good, we went for the lunch menu and it was £12.50 for 2 courses which is a bargain! 🙂
My steak had to be well done as I am pregnant at the moment! And, I was really impressed because the steak was still nice and juicy and tender! 🙂 Dan ordered a steak salad and it was a massive portion! 🙂
If you are in Chiswick and you like Argentinian steak, then this is the place to go!! 🙂
Steak Salad for Dan!
My lovely yummy steak!
My B-day Bakes!! 🙂
It was my birthday on Monday so last weekend, I made some treats for my work mates! It was also my work colleague’s birthday as well and she wanted to me to make her some ‘Vanilla Bean Chocolate Cupcakes!’ It was an American’s recipe so I had to convert all the measurements, it was a challenge as there were quite a few methods used! 🙂
For my bakes, I made Red Velvet Cupcakes, Nigella’s Chocolate Devil’s Cake, Vanilla Bean Chocolate Cupcakes and a Pistachio Loaf cake. I did wanted to make my Oreo cheesecake but ran out of time!!! 🙂
All the treats were demolished in less than 5 minutes so I was chuffed!!! 🙂
Vanilla cupcakes all baked!
Vanilla cupcakes with chocolate filling in the middle!
Vanilla Bean Chocolate Cupcakes!
Red Velvet Cakes!
Nigella’s Devil’s Food Cake!
Cakes being prepared at work!
All gone!! 😛