Sorry, that it has been such a long time since I have last posted something up on my blog! I have been really busy with relatives and friends staying over and so no time to blog! 🙂
Last month, it was my Manager’s daughter birthday and I wanted to make something appealing to young children and I found this “Cookies & Cream Oreo Cupcakes” recipe from the Sweetharts Cakes and Bakes website. I have made Oreo Cupcakes before but I was excited about this recipe as it had the Oreo biscuit at the bottom of the cupcake so it was like a little surprise! 🙂
Once baked, I was eager to cut it open to see what it looks like inside and I was certainly not disappointed! It was delicious, moist and yummy!! 🙂 I would definitely make this cupcake again!!! 🙂
Here’s the recipe, this makes 16 cupcakes:
- 200g plain flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 240g caster sugar
- 3 x tsp baking powder
- 80g unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 200ml milk
- 2 x tsp vanilla extract
- 16 whole Oreo’s
- 175g softened unsalted butter
- 350g sifted icing sugar
- 1 x tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 x tbs milk
- 3 or 4 crushed Oreo’s (food processor or just put them in a bag and bash them with a rolling pin)
Preheat the oven to 180 or gas mark 4 and line a cupcake tray with paper cases. Place a whole Oreo into each cupcake case.
- Sift the flour,cocoa powder,baking powder and salt into a bowl give it all a whisk around.
- In a separate bowl beat the butter and sugar together (creaming) until it combines then add the vanilla extract and the eggs 1 at a time whisking them in slowly.
- Alternately add the milk and flour and bring it all together,adding any remaining flour at the end.
Divide between the cupcake cases,covering the Oreo’s and bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes.
- The cakes are ready when a cocktail stick or skewer comes out of the centre clean.
- Set on a cooling rack to cool down completely.
Make the buttercream by beating the butter and icing sugar and vanilla together for a good few minutes until it becomes very smooth and fluffy. Add the milk a little at a time if you find the consistency a little too thick.
- Mix in a spoonful at a time of the crushed Oreo’s just until you get the pretty cookie speckled look that you’re after.