I have been using this Oreo Truffles recipe for many years and it was one of my favourite!! Why? It’s so simple to make and truly delicious!!!
When I am invited to a party and have been asked to bring a dessert, I would just make these oreo truffles as both adults and children love eating them!! I have a party this weekend so I thought I would write this up and hopefully you can use this recipe for your gatherings!
- 200g oreo biscuits crumbs
- 100g Philadelphia cream cheese full fat
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g dark or milk or white chocolate
- Toppings – you can either save some oreo crumbs, chocolate curls, chocolate sprinkles.
- Bash the oreo biscuits with a rolling pin using a zip lock bag or simply use a food processor to make the crumbs.
- Put the Philadelphia cream cheese into a bowl and mix it until soft. Best to use at room temperature so it’s not so cold and to use the full fat version. Gives a better texture and nicer taste.
- Add 1 tsp of vanilla extract to it and then mix in the crumbs. It will become quite sticky and using a tea spoon, roll into little balls and put this on some greaseproof papar on a tray until all the mixture is used up.
- Leave to dry for 2 hours or overnight. I would normally make this a day before the party and leave the balls overnight. You want the texture not to be sticky and it should feel quite dry to touch.
- When the oreo balls are ready, you can melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pot simmering water or use the microwave.
- Use 2 forks and dip the oreo balls into the chocolate and get rid of the excess chocolate. Once all covered, put this back on the tray. Sometimes, I would have 2 bowls of melted chocolate, one with dark chocolate and the other with white chocolate. You can use candy melt if you want to get different colours.
- You can then finish them by adding some chocolate curls on each of the truffle or anything you like. I find that if you use white chocolate, it’s a really nice effect to put some left over crumbs on top. It looks really pretty! If you are making this on a hot or warm day, it is best to put them in the fridge to help the chocolate set. When you want to eat them, just let it come to room temperature so the truffles would just melt in your mouth!!