Ready for cutting!
It was my hubby’s birthday last week and I asked him, what does he want me to bake for him! He requested the blueberry and lemon traybake as that is his favourite cake! Normally, you should use a rectangle baking tin, but i couldn’t find mine so I have used a square tin instead.
- 125g soft butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 2 x eggs
- 250g soured cream
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 300g self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Half teaspoon baking powder
- 150g blueberries
Cream Cheese Topping
- 50g soft butter
- 300g icing sugar sieved
- 200g cream cheese
- 1 to 2 table-spoon of lemon juice
- 50g blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180 GM4 and line a rectangular baking tin
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat the eggs in one at a time until combined. Stir in the soured cream, lemon juice and zest, baking powder until everything is combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 40 – 45 mins until the cake is baked. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Make the cream cheese topping by beating the butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the cream cheese and lemon juice and spread over the top of the cake. Make sure the cake is cool before you add the topping. Add some blueberries on top and I added some chocolate sprinkles.
My hubby was very pleased with his birthday cake! 🙂
Dee trying to get to the cake!
It was my birthday on Tuesday and my hubby brought me a chocolate gateaux from Caffe Concerto! Although my cheeky son, Dee thinks it is his cake!!! I think he has a sweet tooth for chocolate!!! 🙂
It was my Hubby’s birthday in April, and for the first time in our relationship (13 and a half years), I didn’t get him a present!! Since having our dee dee (nick name for our baby son), it has been difficult to find time to shop! Normally I would buy him lots of little gifts or a weekend trip away! Last year I got this giant cupcake shell so he said to bake him one. Plus it was a good excuse to try it out! I must say it was a total disaster!!! When I tried to take the cake out, the sponge inside stuck to the shell so it came out in pieces! I thought I can fix it up like a jigsaw puzzle with the buttercream but it didn’t work!! It didn’t help that my buttercream mixture was a weird consistency! It was awful looking, the cake itself was nice but looked horrible!! I was too embarrassed to even take a picture, it just looked like a strange big blue phsycadelic mushroom!!!! Not one of my greatest bake so I promised Dan that I will bake him something else instead. Anything he wants!
Nice slice with a cup of tea!
He was looking at my Jamie Oliver magazine and found a section on lemons and cakes and then he spotted the amaretti cake with raspberries which looked quite simple to make!!! I had a better bake and it was delicious!!! It was sweet with the amaretti biscuits on top but tart with the raspberries inside the cake!