It was my hubby’s birthday last week and I asked him, what does he want me to bake for him! He requested the blueberry and lemon traybake as that is his favourite cake! Normally, you should use a rectangle baking tin, but i couldn’t find mine so I have used a square tin instead.
- 125g soft butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 2 x eggs
- 250g soured cream
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 300g self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Half teaspoon baking powder
- 150g blueberries
Cream Cheese Topping
- 50g soft butter
- 300g icing sugar sieved
- 200g cream cheese
- 1 to 2 table-spoon of lemon juice
- 50g blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180 GM4 and line a rectangular baking tin
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat the eggs in one at a time until combined. Stir in the soured cream, lemon juice and zest, baking powder until everything is combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 40 – 45 mins until the cake is baked. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Make the cream cheese topping by beating the butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the cream cheese and lemon juice and spread over the top of the cake. Make sure the cake is cool before you add the topping. Add some blueberries on top and I added some chocolate sprinkles.
My hubby was very pleased with his birthday cake! 🙂